- Views 547
Weekends are made for fun. Tired of spending your hard-earned weekend cleaning the house? Cleaning the house isn’t the ideal way to spend a weekend but you need to get it done. So here are 10 time-saving cleaning hacks that you need to master so you can get the job done and get out this weekend.
- Use canned air to get debris and dust out of exhaust fans.
- Use a squeegee to get pet hair off your carpet. Easier and cheaper than a lint remover.
- Soak cotton balls in bleach and lay them on mildew- and mold-laden tiles. Rinse with water after a day.
- Soak your shower head in distilled white vinegar to remove grime. You can use a plastic bag and rubber band to soak the shower head in place instead of removing it.
- Use damp towels to “steam” away the dirt in electric grills and waffle makers. Easier than scrubbing off dried up grime.
- For tile cleaning, you can use a combination of baking soda and vinegar to clean the grout. The concoction makes the dirt easier to scrub off.
- Microwave your sponge for two minutes to remove 99 percent of the germs. Cheaper than buying a new sponge, right? Of course, replace it after some time.
- Leave a bowl filled with half cup ammonia inside your oven overnight. This makes the grime easy to wipe off in the morning. Just make sure you don’t turn the oven on.
- Use vinegar and paper towels to get cloudy glasses sparkling and looking new.
- Use lemon and coarse salt to clean wooden chopping boards. For plastic ones, you can use a mixture of bleach and water.
When to Call the Professionals
There’s a limit to what DIY fixes and cleaning hacks can do. For instance, a thorough tile cleaning is best left to the professionals. This is especially true when you want to address those hardcore grout problems and sealing issues. Apart from cleaning, these professionals will ensure the luster on your tiled floors.
You can use these hacks for faster, easier weekend cleaning but for bigger jobs, it’s best to call in the professionals.